Thursday, October 23, 2008

Christianity and the Survival of Creation

Even though this story practically put me to sleep, there were some parts where he was pretty sarcastic and it made me laugh. He says that the anti-Christians try to criticise the Bible, but they skipped over the first rule, that they actually have to read it first! He also says that he and no other sane person could expect any government figure sitting and listening to what Jesus has to say when he talks about "loving your enemies, and doing good to them that hate you." I couldn't see that happening either.

I don't agree with Berry when he says that "such sacrifice is a refusal to allow the body to serve what is unworthy of it." People who murder, and rape are still out there doing more unworthy acts. I also don't think that he listens to the new christian music that he talks about. He says it "attests to the general assumption the religion is no more than a vaguely pious emotion." I listen to christian music every day and I love it. It sends out a great message to a person of any age.

No comments: