"You remember one thing, and that suddenly reminds you of another thing". I think we read this story just for that sentence. We are supposed to remember our own stories by hearing about someone elses memories. I have had a memory close to this one and it reminded me of the great times I had with my family. I too remember the cool early mornings and how some things seemed "motionless". This was a great story to get my mind thinking about memories for our next paper.
When I was reading the story it was making sense at first until he kept switching back and forth with past memories and making new ones. I had to stop once and figure out which memory he was talking about (old or new). White describes the things in his story very well though. He even added three adjectives to one noun, "small, soggy, icy garment"! I've only used two adjectives at the most because I thought it would be over doing it, but the way he put it made me see the little boy wince as he put on his shorts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment