Thursday, September 18, 2008

Why We Crave Horror Movies

"I think we're all mentally ill," very true! Everyone has something wrong with them, but only to a certain extent. Also, everyone is afraid of at least one thing. My sister and I both have a "hysterical fear" of spiders, cockroaches, and watching scary movie previews. She cant watch the movie preview period, but I just cant watch them before I fall asleep because then I would dream about it. When it comes to actually watching the movie, I'm all for it. I love being scared enough to scream, so then afterwards I can laugh about it.

I love how King relates scary movies to rollercoasters. Many people are deathly afraid of rollercoasters, but not me. Just like the scary movies I love the thrill of getting butterflies in my stomach from riding rollercoasters. Another point that King makes is that he cant call a hallmark card poetry. When your a great writer like Stephen King, theres no way you can appreciate a little love card someone came up with in ten minutes.

1 comment:

Kayla M. said...

I definatly agree with Michelle. I love horror films! For me they never get old or boring. I can watch a horror movie over and over again and still get scared everytime. There is just something about the creepy music they always play in scary movies that just makes me jump everytime I hear it. I also love the feeling you get on a rollercoaster when you are sitting at the very top and you are just about to drop. I never would have thought to compare horror movies to rollercoasters but I do think that they have the same affect on people.