Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Whole Horse

I was very confused by this whole story from all the vocab and how long he wrote about industrialism and agrarianism. I was bored and lost from the second paragraph. My mind completely shut out everything. After I read it again, I picked up on some sentences that have meaning. I like how agrarianiam "is interested-and forever fascinated-by questions leading toward the accomplishment of good work." I am always looking for a way to accomplish good work too. "Because the knowledge and know-how of good caretaking must be handed down to children, agrarians recognize the necessity of preserving the coherence of families and communities" (240). This is great and industrialism just takes away from this way of living.

Industrialism is a way of living where you always want something new and better than what you have now. Agrarians get satisfaction from the way they live so they dont need to keep going out and buying new things. "They do not wish to live by piracy, beggary, charity, or luck" (240).

No comments: