It is easy for me to relate to Shitty First Drafts when Lamott states, "Even after I've been doing this for years, panic would set in" (76). This is true for me because even though I've played volleyball for eight years, I still panic and get a little nervous before every game. I like how she describes everything she has to be before she can relax and really start writing. Having to eat, remember to breathe and even make a few phone calls. Everyone has to go through their own routines before settling down and getting to work .
Although I agree with Lamott, she contradicts herself quite a lot during the first pages. She goes to tell us that not one writer writes a great first draft, but is lying becasue the very next sentence she says, "All right, one of them does" (75). I definently cant relate to her about how she has the people in her head telling her what to do. My mind isnt even that creative to think up whole characters in my mind. Her telling us about these people shows us how creative she is and how she can write such talented pieces even with a shitty first draft.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment