Remembering is a great passage that really tells you step-by-step how to write a remembering essay. They tell you where to start by first reading someone elses essay and trying to remember your own experiences from theirs. Then you choose your own topic and start brainstorming from there. The author even gives me "collecting strategies" to figure out what my topic could be. I particularly like how they show dialogue from other writers so we can get a sense on how to "show our story" and not "tell it".
One of the problems I have with writing is trying to get a single point across. The author makes a point to tell us we should have a "single main idea or dominant impression". Thanks for the reminder! They also say we are "writing to share a part of our life with another person". The author goes on more about this when they tell us to make sure to listen to our readers feedback. Thats so we can see if our story is understandable and makes a point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Though I agree that we should have a “dominant impression” I believe we should have more of an umbrella main idea which encompasses other smaller ideas because I just read Whites “once more to the Lake” and that was just boring and repetitive. I found it a complete load of bollocks and thought it would have been better if instead of just repeating in different words “the lake was the same as it was in the days of my youth” all throughout the essay if it had smaller topics of which to discuss. It was just him saying all the things that were the same . . . that’s no fun.
Post a Comment