Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Walking

I think it is awesome that thoreau says "Wilderenss is the preservation of the world," (140). You cant always expect a man to be able to produce food, and new land to live on. On the other hand, you can rely on nature to be able to produce new trees, animals to devour and places to make a home. In order to recieve what you need, you have to trust the wilderenss to bring it to you. He notes this when he says, "I believe in the forest, and in the meadow, and in the night in which the corn grows," (140).

Thoreau also mentioned something about never giving up on what your doing and you will succeed. He talks about the man who always presses forward, never rests and some day he will be on new wilderness surrounded by raw materials of life. I have tried my best on everything I have done and even if the outcome is not as good as i expeted, I am still happy because I know I tried my best and good things will come in the future. You cant always anticipate for a great effect, but you can rely on new thngs happening in the future.

No comments: